[Olsr-users] Olsrd cann't ping two-hops node - Nexus7

Abubakr Ali (spam-protected)
Fri Oct 18 14:24:10 CEST 2013

Hello everyone,

I have an ad-hoc network that is up-and-running on three tablets (all are
Nexus7 that are rooted with CyanogenMod (cm-10.2-20130919-NIGHTLY-grouper)).

I downloaded, built, installed and run OLSRd stable version 0.6.6. In the
"olsrd.conf" file, I have set:
Willingness to 7,
TCRedundancy to 2 (as 0 and 1 are not allowed)
LinkQualityLevel to 2 (as 1 is not allowed).
Note: any other configuration option has not been touched.

Now when running OLSRd with debug-level 1, I can see three tables:
Links,
Neighbors
Two-hop Neighbors tables, and my network looks like the following:
node1 ----> node2 <---- node3
node1 can only see node2,
node3 can only see node2
node2 see both: node1 and node3
(note: The routes-table changes as I change the location of the tablets)

However, when trying to *ping node3 (from node1*'s terminal) and monitor
the traffic that is coming-and-leaving node2 (from node2 itself using
wireshark), I can see that the* *ping-request is coming to node2 and see
node2 as it is forwarding the request to node3. But *there is no
response*from node3 to node2 and node2 to node1. it seems to drop
packets and the
sent-packets never reach node3.

am I missing any configuration that should be set in olsrd.conf ?

Ali, Abubakr
Lancaster, UK