[Olsr-users] Routing problem with bad ETX

Simon Ebnicher (spam-protected)
Thu May 2 14:42:54 CEST 2013

Thank you very much for the push in the right direction.
We updated olsrd to 0.6.5.3 (which didn't, of course, solve the problem).
As you suggested, the problem could be solved by modifying the multicast
rate. We didn't know this was something you could change in OpenWrt.
The best tradeoff for our setup was a multicast rate of 6 MBit/s.
5.5 MBit/s still propagates too well and we suspect that the reason is
the different modulation scheme (direct sequence spread spectrum) of
that bitrate.

Best regards,
Simon Ebnicher