[Olsr-users] [OLSRD] Nexus 7

Ben West (spam-protected)
Tue Mar 26 19:09:45 CET 2013

Hi Matteo,

This URL is the most current list of devices/handsets known to work with
the Mesh Tether app distributed by New America Foundation, which is based
on OLSRd.

https://code.commotionwireless.net/projects/commotion/wiki/Commotion_Android_Supported_Hardware

Known to work fully:

   - HTC Desire running android 2.3
   - HTC Wildfire running CyanogenMod 6.1.0
   - HTC Sensation running ????
   - Google Nexus One (stock 2.3.3), and *NOT* any newer Nexi
   - Motorola Atrix 4G (stock 2.3.6)

Expected to work fully:

   - Any HTC devices running 2.x (especially the Incredible)
   - Other handsets that use the Broadcom BCM4329 driver bcm4329.ko

Reported to work, but are expected to be flaky:

   - HTC myTouch 3G (kind of works)
   - Samsung Tabs running Android 3.2
   - Samsung Galaxy S2
   - Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 running stock 2.3.3 (works only sometimes)
   - Motorola Droid/Milestone running CyanogenMod 7 (mostly works)

My expectation is that your Nexus 7 tablet will not do ad-hoc mode with its
stock firmware.  Possibly with an alternate firmware like Cyanogenmod v7,
and more specifically if the tablet uses the bcm4329.ko driver for its wifi
chipset.

Unfortunately, devices shipped with AndroidOS v4.x are proving quite *
unreliable* in supporting adhoc mode, due to intentional, executive-level
decisions made at Google.

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)>wrote:

> You can compile Olsrd for Android with the Android NDK...
>
> the more interesting question is if you manage to get adhoc-mode
> running, which is a bit tricky on most phones/tablets.
>
> Henning Rogge
>
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 6:52 PM, Matteo Danieletto
> <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > do you know if OLSRD works on Google Nexus 7?
> > If yes with stock Android or Custom Android?
> > I read that it works with Custom Android, but there isn't which Custom
> > Android.
> >
> > Thanks a lot to help me
> > Matteo
> >

> > --

> We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingured
> long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to
> set sail for the stars - Carl Sagan

Ben West
http://gowasabi.net
(spam-protected)