[Olsr-users] HSMM-Pi Project using OLSRD

Scott Kidder (spam-protected)
Mon Jul 29 16:53:22 CEST 2013

Hi Ben,

It's my understanding that HAMs in the US have primary privileges only on channels 1-6 of the 802.11b/g/n spectrum.  Users of that spectrum wanting to avoid interference or degraded services are best off using channel 7 and up, which is why a lot of consumer wireless access points have a default channel or 7 or higher.  I am not encouraging people to blast their neighborhood with 1500 watts on channel 1, but their obligations to their neighbors are no different than when transmitting on the HF/VHF/UHF frequencies (in the US).

Regards,

-- Scott Kidder