[Olsr-users] Doubts about Willingness, MPR Selection and Routing.

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 4 09:23:52 CET 2013

On 02/04/2013 09:16 AM, Alex López wrote:
> One last question.
>
> You said that the MPR selection algorithm was discarted long time ago in
> the olsrv1 right? But when I check the olsr info plugin I can see that
> some nodes are MPR and some no. Here
> http://www.olsr.org/docs/README-Link-Quality.html you explain how the
> MPRs are selected when LQ is set to 1 or 2, it's this algorithm (LQ
> extension) working in the olsrv1?

The algorithm to generate MPRs based on the ETX is there, but it might
not work well in some multi-interface situations.

In addition to this I am not aware of a single Community-Mesh network
that uses MPR, so the code is not well tested.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE