[Olsr-users] dlep-app reg.

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 30 14:45:28 CEST 2013

On 04/30/2013 02:19 PM, Ben West wrote:
> Hi Henning and Vignesh!
>
> Interesting and encouraging to read that dlep-app is undergoing revision
> and rejuvenation!
>
> I must admit to having been quietly admiring the version residing at the
> URLs below, with the hope of trying it out on a platform like Commotion
> OpenWRT.
> https://github.com/confine-project/confine-dist/tree/master/packages/confine
> <https://github.com/confine-project/confine-dist/tree/master/packages/confine>
> (as packaged into Confine)
> http://olsr.org/git/?p=dlep_app.git;a=tree
> <http://olsr.org/git/?p=dlep_app.git;a=tree> (the current repo?)

Yes, that is the current repo with all the development stuff going on.
Highly experimental because I have worked A LOT on the API stuff, but
not on DLEP in the last months.

The confine Repo should be fine.

> In lieu of a new dlep-04 implementation, would you recommend I simply
> hold entirely, or go ahead and try out the existing implementation for
> simple evaluation purposes (even tho it is now out of sync with the
> draft)?

I would be happy to get any input on the current confine implementation,
so I can make the coming DLEP rewrite better than the current DLEP code.

 > That is, provided I don't attempt to develop tools that depend
> on the existing implementation, then swapping out dlep-app for the new
> version shouldn't be too difficult, right?

That depends on if we keep the src/olsr_layer2.[ch] stuff or if we
change it to a more generic key/value list. Either way, the adaptation
should not be that difficult because most applications only have to deal
with the layer-2 db stuff.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE