[Olsr-users] dlep-app reg.

Ben West (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 30 14:19:44 CEST 2013

Hi Henning and Vignesh!

Interesting and encouraging to read that dlep-app is undergoing revision
and rejuvenation!

I must admit to having been quietly admiring the version residing at the
URLs below, with the hope of trying it out on a platform like Commotion
OpenWRT.
https://github.com/confine-project/confine-dist/tree/master/packages/confine(as
packaged into Confine)
http://olsr.org/git/?p=dlep_app.git;a=tree (the current repo?)

In lieu of a new dlep-04 implementation, would you recommend I simply hold
entirely, or go ahead and try out the existing implementation for simple
evaluation purposes (even tho it is now out of sync with the draft)?  That
is, provided I don't attempt to develop tools that depend on the existing
implementation, then swapping out dlep-app for the new version shouldn't be
too difficult, right?

Thank you.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 2:25 AM, Henning Rogge <
(spam-protected)> wrote:

> On 04/30/2013 09:08 AM, Vigneswaran R wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Just curious to know about dlep-app
>> <http://wiki.confine-project.**eu/soft:dlep<http://wiki.confine-project.eu/soft:dlep>>
>> as it seems to be a
>> preliminary working version of DLEP (yet to try).
>>

> Yes.
>

>  1. What version of dlep-draft is being used as the basis for dlep-app?
>>
> Unfortunately none.
>
> When I started implementing our DLEP, the DLEP draft was in a really bad
> shape and to vague to implement it. So we implemented a private version of
> the concept.
>

>  2. What custom changes make it not inter-operable with the existing
>> drafts? (please point me to the documents or white paper, if any)
>>

> At the moment our implementation is completely non-inter-operable.
>
> There has been a new dlep-draft a couple of weeks ago (dlep-04), which
> seems to be stable enough to be implemented, so we plan to do a complete
> rewrite based on the draft in the next months.
>
> If you are interested in the project, I would like to hear your thoughts
> on how to rewrite the src/olsr_layer2.c and src/olsr_layer2.h code. After
> working with this code for some time, I feel it might be too difficult to
> extend.
>
> We also would be happy to see more people participating in the DLEP
> discussion on the IETF Manet mailing list!
>
> Henning Rogge
>
> --
> Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
> Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE
> Kommunikationssysteme (KOM)
> Fraunhofer Straße 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
> Telefon +49 228 9435-961,   Fax +49 228 9435 685
> mailto:(spam-protected)**fraunhofer.de<(spam-protected)>
> http://www.fkie.fraunhofer.de

Ben West
http://gowasabi.net
(spam-protected)