[Olsr-users] OLSRd nodes not talking to each other

John Schultz (spam-protected)
Mon Sep 24 16:13:33 CEST 2012

I tried to ping my apt mirror and it failed.

I got to thinking, the Ethernet connections on the nodes (excluding the
gateway) will not be connected except for POE. So I set them all back to
previous settings (only eth0) and im pinging again.

Basically my topology is this:

Remote install server, apt-mirror, node gateway are on the same network, the
nodes (0, 1, etc...) will be wireless to the gateway.

-john

-----Original Message-----
From: (spam-protected) [mailto:(spam-protected)] On Behalf
Of Henning Rogge
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 4:40 AM
To: (spam-protected)
Subject: Re: [Olsr-users] OLSRd nodes not talking to each other

On 09/24/2012 12:33 PM, John Schultz wrote:
> Henning,...
>
> What broadcast should I use. I currently have 10.255.255.255.
>
> FYI, Im a windows networker, linux networking is very new to me still.

Forget Olsrd for a short moment. Just try to ping the other side of the
ethernet connection. Unicast, not Broadcast.

Which address/subnet you used for both sides of the ethernet connection?

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für Kommunikation,
Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE Kommunikationssysteme (KOM)