[Olsr-users] TC redundancy 0

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Tue Sep 18 16:57:38 CEST 2012

Op 18 sep. 2012, om 15:13 heeft (spam-protected) het volgende geschreven:

> Why not? ;)
>
> Because I want to test the honestly of each node. And so if a node "Y" sends a TC message with the IP address of "X", I want to verify if "X" has send an HELLO message with a MPR link to "Y"...
> But with TC redundancy, I can't.

I do not recommend turning of ETX. But if you did, you could make use of topology reduction.

I have doubts if your check is allowed. Each node has some freedom to select some MPRs and put something in a TC. One node cannot assume other nodes would make the same decision. Also, because I dislike system-wide configuration and a need for version synchronization.

Teco