[Olsr-users] Finding OLSR v0.6.3-3 node with empty node table?

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Sat Oct 6 21:32:02 CEST 2012

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Ben West <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Hi Markus,
>
> My apologies for being too generic.  logread on the effected node
> unfortunately didn't reveal anything outside normal log messages (at least
> within the ring buffer remaining).  Since the original problem manifested
> itself after the node rebooted itself (per cronjob), I tried another
> reboot, but the problem was not repeated.

good and bad (-;

> I am attaching the /etc/config/olsr below.

hmm quite some plugins, you need all of them?
(imho just the secure one, might have real potential to cause your problem)

and hmm i prefer the actual olsrd.conf, afair /var/etc/olsrd.conf

> The command 'echo "/all"

Unfortunately "all" does not mean "all" anymore,.. its just "legacy-all"

> | nc localhost 2006' reported all empty tables, although I didn't happen
> to check "/interfaces" before restarting olsrd.  I will be mindful to do
> that should this situation recur.
>
> Contents of /etc/config/olsrd:
>
> config 'olsrd'
>   option 'IpVersion' '4'
>   option 'LinkQualityLevel' '2'
>   option 'LinkQualityAlgorithm' 'etx_ffeth'
>   option 'SmartGateway' 'yes'
>   option 'Pollrate' '0.2'
>   option 'UseHysteresis' 'no'
>   option 'NatThreshold' '0.5'

imho does not make much sense, to keep the natthreshold, if smartgateway is
used

whatever, has nothing to do with your reboot problem.