[Olsr-users] Routing-Problem | olsr.org - 0.6.0 | weight | etx_ff | mode ether

Michael Rack (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 29 15:56:57 CEST 2012

Dear olsr-users!

I have a bad behavior and hope to get some help.

I run only P2P Links (AP & STA) via wireless-lan and direct ethernet
connections. Every node runs currently olsr version 0.6.0.

The Problem:
I have several upstreams and like to define which upstrem to be used via
the weight parameter. In previous versions of olsr this worked fine (as
i can remember v0.5.5). Now it dosn't.

My Settings:
> Willingness             3
> LinkQualityLevel        2
> LinkQualityAlgorithm    "etx_ff"
> UseHysteresis   no
> TcRedundancy    2
> MprCoverage     1
>
> InterfaceDefaults
> {
>         Ip4Broadcast   255.255.255.2555
>         HelloInterval   2.0
>         HelloValidityTime   60.0
>         TcInterval  5.0
>         TcValidityTime  120.0
>         MidInterval 5.0
>         MidValidityTime 120.0
>         HnaInterval 5.0
>         HnaValidityTime 120.0
> }
>
> Interface "wan"
> {
>         Mode "ether"
>         Weight 10
> }
>
> Interface "vlan2"
> {
>         Mode "ether"
>         Weight 2
> }
>
> Interface "vlan4"
> {
>         Mode "ether"
>         Weight 5
> }

But currently the wan-interface is selected. While everything goes via
"wan" the routing change to "vlan4" but after a few minutes the routing
switch back to "wan" and i get a bad packet-loss for 4 seconds while the
routing is switching back to "wan" - but i don't know why because both
links are up and running. I don't know where the packets get loosed.

Currently Network-Design:

>           INTERNET-ROUTER
>       / ------- / \ ------- \
>    ROUTER A.1           ROUTER B.1
>       |                     |
>    ROUTER A.2           ROUTER B.2
>       |                     |
>    ROUTER A.3               |
>       |                     |
>       \ --------\ / ------- /
>         "vlan4"  |   "wan"
>               ROUTER C
>               ROUTER D
>                CLIENT

MTR is done via ROUTER D and the internet. The routing decision is made
on Router C that is multihomed (A.3 & B.2).

So what have i to do, to make WEIGHT working?

Liebe Grüße aus Freilassing,

Michael Rack
RSM Freilassing
--
RSM Freilassing                 Tel.: +49 8654 607110
Nocksteinstr. 13                Fax.: +49 8654 670438