[Olsr-users] GSOC 2012 Project

Muhammad Umair (spam-protected)
Sun Mar 25 00:04:45 CET 2012

Hi,

I have desire to contribute in GSOC 2012 open source development. I go through the GSOC 2012 projects details and it sounds to me an interesting project. I am very much interested in the following project:

•       port OLSR to Windows with IPv6 support

I have relevant experience as an open source C++ developer at Google. Inc USA, Warid Telecom UAE & Buraq Integrated Solutions (Australian based company). Please find the attached resume.

In 2011, I worked as an Open source Google contractor for the development of Drizzle database, which is a fork of MySQL that is optimised for Cloud, based applications. I designed and implemented the IP Address (IPv4 & IPv6) Data Type as a Native Data Type for Drizzle. The code and the test suite that I implemented for Google/Drizzle can be seen at: https://code.launchpad.net/~mumair/drizzle/drizzle-IPV6/+merge/71700

Since 2010, I am pursing postgraduate degree in Wireless Systems (2 years) at Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden. The master course comprises wireless system modules including communications theory, signal processing, radio communication and communication networks.

I have knowledge and experience of software development, open source development, networking (TCP/IP stack) and wireless systems. I am fluent in C/C++, Android development, C#, MATLAB and Linux. I am very adaptable and capable to work on projects with minimal available documentation & work with remote teams (open source experience at Google). I am very confident that I will be a valuable asset through my strong technical skills, teamwork, adaptability, effective communication, self-motivation, desire to succeed and creative problem solving thinking.

Looking forward for your support.

Regards,

Umair Muhammad
Electrical Engineering Master Student,