[Olsr-users] OLSR mesh with loop potential... having problems.

John Clark (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 26 03:59:12 CEST 2012

I've not had to look in to OLSRD and 'mesh' problems for quite some time.

However, I have a new project and am having problems.

The version of OLSRD i'm using was one that is part of the Debian package set, and has the following version number:

0.5.6-rc7

I downloaded the most recent src from www.olsr.org, and there seems to be some differences in the config file, and it was not able to find the
plugins properly.

In any case, on looking for others who have had problems with olsr and looping, it seems this has been a problem for some time. I don't know why
I didn't see this before when I was using it more, but perhaps most of my 'meshes' were in fact, rather linear or trees and did not contain loops.

Does anyone have some suggestions about dealing with mesh configurations that have potential loops?

Thanks,
John Clark.