[Olsr-users] olsrd 0.6.3 not working on Mac OSX?

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 4 22:20:39 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Tim Akinbo <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I read about olsr and decided to give it a try on two Macbook Pros. After
> discovering other nodes, I see this error when it attempts to modify the
> routing table:
>
> Cannot write to routing socket: (rtm_errno=0x0) (last error message: File
> exists)
>  Failed on Adding 10.0.0.2/32 from 10.0.0.2 via 10.0.0.2, cost 6.071,
> metric 1, v5
>
> Now I'm certain the route hasn't been added before (even though the "File
> exists") error is suggested.

olsrd likely did it himself, but ...

> What might be wrong?

hmm, "your choice of operating system"

as olsrd is not really well supported/maintained on MacOS, or BSD in
general.

(but this problems are of course is fixable if e.g. you are familiar with
routing sockets)

Markus