[Olsr-users] unexpected "via" in routes reg.

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 4 19:17:41 CEST 2012

This is perfect valid and known behavior, which helps with some crazy
situations when there is something wrong with the IP settings of the
interface.

Henning Rogge

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Vigneswaran R <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am running olsrd version 0.6.3 on two machines. I could see routing
> entries like,
>
>     10.1.2.1 via 10.1.2.1 dev eth1 metric 2 onlink
>
> where I expected (or used to get until 0.6.1) something like,
>
>    10.1.2.1 dev eth1 metric 2
>
> without any "via" in it (for the IP addresses of the directly connected
> Interfaces).
>
> I am not facing any connectivity problems due to this. However, this looks
> little strange to me and curious to know whether I am missing something or
> this is perfectly valid and the expected behaviour. Pointing me to some
> document also will help.
>
> Thank you.
>

> Regards,
> Vignesh

Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."