[Olsr-users] About RSSI using

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 5 11:46:46 CET 2012

OLSRd contains a "link metric" plugin system, which allows you to plug
in your own code for generating the LQ/NLQ values and calculate the
link cost from it without changing the main code. You will find
multiple examples in the code, maybe you can adapt one of them for
your purpose.

If you cannot find them, please tell me and I give you some pointers.

Henning

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 07:40, WANG Liangyou <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Dear all olsrd experts,
>
> Now I am focus on one project, which will implement fast routing based on
> WiFi RSSI value.
>
> Such as two paramenter will be configured: rssi_low, rssi_high.
>
> If rssi on one link is more than rssi_high, then this link is active; if
> rssi on this link is less than rssi_low,
>
> then this link will be inactive and no date will be transfer over this link.
>

> I know how to get real time rssi from wireless card, but do not know how to
> control olsrd codes to change topology and route tables.
>

> Would you please help me investigate how to implement it with olsrd codes?
> Which functions are helpful?
>
> And is there already some similar solutions for my reference?
>

> Your any hints will be great help to me!
>

> Much appreciated in advance!
>

> Hope to get your answers!!!
>

> Best regards,
>
> Leo

"Wo kämen wir hin, wenn alle sagten, wo kämem wir hin, und niemand
ginge, um einmal zu schauen, wohin man käme, wenn man ginge." (Kurt
Marti)