[Olsr-users] Dynamic change of the LinkQualityMult parameter

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Aug 16 10:46:30 CEST 2012

On 08/16/2012 10:36 AM, Michael Rack wrote:
> Do any one know, when OLSR2 get ready?

I am working on the NHDP code at the moment and trying to have a version
that can be tested this year.

> I need to dynamically add / remove devices, change settings as
> "LinkQualityMult" and so on.
>
> I have a big network with many Virtual-NICs. Currently i have added
> serval "Pseudo Interfaces" to olsrd.conf and "AllowNoInt" activated, so
> i can dynamicly add and remove devices, but i am not able to change the
> settings of "LinkQualityMult" for each Interface.

The main problem is that the datastructures where the configuration
options are stored were not designed with later changes in mind. So
there might be some tricks necessary to change them in a clean way.

> So is there a possibility to write an extension for current version of
> olsr, that can add / remove devices and make some changes to settings
> e.g. LinkQualityMult, HelloInterval, ... ? Or is olsr not able to handle
> changes on the fly in general?

In theory you should be able to write a plugin that removes an interface
from OLSRd, cleans up the corresponding configuration settings, add net
configuration settings and add the interfaces again.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE