[Olsr-users] OLSRD routing table problem.

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Oct 4 14:36:38 CEST 2011

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 14:24:34 Philip Hugg wrote:
> > Switch on ETX, the non-ETX case might be broken (nobody ever has used it
> > in years).
> >
> > Henning Rogge
>
> Hello Henning,
>
>  From what I understand about ETX.
> If I turn it on, then OLSRD is not actually compliant with the RFC.
> Is this true?
Yes.

The pure RFC 3626 compatible implementation would be not very useful in
wireless environments, except for networks that only have point to point
links.

Thats the reason why the latest draft of OLSRv2 of the IETF directly contains
a standardized way to implement routing metrics.

Henning Rogge
--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE