[Olsr-users] Strange Ping Problem

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Sat May 21 22:44:26 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Sven Schindler <(spam-protected)>wrote:

> > something that 0.5.6 r7 probably not be able to do as its too old,.
>
> Unfortunately I have to use this version. It's a requirement for the
> university project I'm currently on.

hmm tell your "university" its a bad idea to insist on usage of old (and
therfore unsupported) versions of open source software,..

Because its imho in general just a waste of time for nearly any open source
project to get bugreports/feedback/patches/support-requests from users, that
for no real reason insist on heavy outdated versions,..

And in particular, because 0.5.6-r7 has memory leaks,. so its really
unrecommended to use this version.

Markus

p.s. this olsrd should work outofthe box on your device/configuration (and
olsrd 0.6.2 will liekly contain this patch)

http://olsr.org/git/?p=olsrd.git;a=commit;h=6bdd244f0cc80e9cf4f9ee81a5f71342941bffc9

(and if u really have to: you should be able to (waste your time) to
backport this patch to 0.5.6-r7)