[Olsr-users] Creating an Ad-Hoc network for OLSR using Android phone?

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue May 17 08:39:14 CEST 2011

On Mon May 16 2011 22:38:42 Aaron Daubman wrote:
> > http://www.olsr.org/?q=olsr_on_android
> > might help
>
> Alas, ss far as I can tell, that page shows only how to configure the
> Android phone to *connect* to an ad-hoc network, but not *create* one.
> It will attempt to connect to whatever device is broadcasting as
> 'olsr.freifunk.net', which probably the author has running on some
> *WRT router, but it won't create 'olsr.freifunk.net' for other phones
> to connect to - which is what we need to be able to do.
Adhoc networks don't make a difference between "creating an adhoc network" and
"joining one". If you set your interface the way describe, it starts
broadcasting "I am adhoc network X" and automatically joins with all other
nodes in the same adhoc network in range.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE