[Olsr-users] eclipse + olsrd

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Mar 22 14:31:23 CET 2011

On Tuesday 22 March 2011 14:21:35 Érico Porto wrote:
> Ok!
>
> I've done it!
>
> If anyone want to do the same, just Select New -> Makefile project from
> existing  code into the Eclipse CDT.
>
> Then, just select the olsrd folder in your pc. After this is done and you
> have the code, you just need to be able to build and clean your code, so
> you need to tell eclipse how.
>
> Click at the Project in the menu bar and select Properties. Into the C/C++
> Build option at left, and you will be presented with Builder Settings and
> Behavior tabs. Go into Behavior and in the build change the text to
> build_all and in the clean change the text to clean_all.
>
> Now, after you successfully build your project, you will have the option to
> run it, to test plugins and to use a debug tool of your choice.
Just got back from Battlemesh, sorry for not answering your mail.

I am using eclipse too, just in the same way than you are. Debugging is always
a little bit more difficult, because olsrd has run to be as root. Did you find
a way to do this in eclipse Helios ?

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.
— The Laws of Thermodynamics, summarized