[Olsr-users] Anyone with verified 802.11n HT speeds on Ubiquiti M devices in adhoc/mesh mode?

Ben West (spam-protected)
Mon Mar 14 08:50:14 CET 2011

(Replying to list with correct addr ...)

Sorry for not explaining this in the original post.  It is described in
OpenWRT forum post; I had snipped my question to this list to focus on
mesh-related question.

Gateway: Rocket M5, flashed with pre-compiled
openwrt-ar71xx-ubnt-rocket-m-squashfs-factory.bin for Backfire 10.03-rc4

Repeaters (and a backup gwy): Nanostation M5, flashed with custom-compiled
pre-compiled openwrt-ar71xx-ubnt-nano-m-squashfs-factory.bin from Backfire
r24045, and with this patch to allow DHCP on 2nd LAN port:
http://freifunk.net/pipermail/wlanware/2010-December/002439.html

Basically, I'm curious to hear details (e.g. patches, what revision of
OpenWRT/ath9k) where people have confirmed getting HT modes to work.

Besides that, these nodes are actually working just fine, and their link
speed generally outpaces the uplink I have for them anyway.  It's just that
I would like to support ~40Mbit link speed in the intermediate future,
should a fast enough uplink appear.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 2:37 AM, Daniel A. Nagy
<(spam-protected)>wrote:

> On 03/14/2011 06:10 AM, Ben West wrote:
> > I just set up 3 Ubiquiti M5 devices as mesh nodes running OpenWRT
>
> Since Ubiquiti M5 devices are not as identical as the pre-M series,
> could you be more specific?
>
> These three categories are quite distinct, require different firmware
> and have their own, distinct quirks:
> - PicoStation / Bullet M5
> - NanoStation M5
> - NanoStation M5 Loco