[Olsr-users] main address

Michel Blais (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 27 17:43:20 CEST 2011

Hi,

I was doing a test on olsr 6.1 and saw that when I change a IP address
on my router, it also change in http_info but if this IP is the main IP
address, the main IP don't change.

Exemple, I run 10.0.0.1 on eth0 and it's my main IP, if I change my ip
address with ifconfig to 10.0.0.254 then the IP of the interface on
http_info will also change but the main address will stay 10.0.0.1.

I readed on http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3626.txt that main IP and the IP
address should always be the same but it date from october 2003. Is this
still true ? Can I have a other IP address as main address or I must
restart OLSRd ?

Also, is their something planned to do change in olsr configuration
(like adding Hna or changing LinkQualityMult) without restarting the
service ? Whe are looking for way to do change on the network without
disrupting customer service.

Thanks

--
Michel Blais