[Olsr-users] OLSR setup with VPN interface for management

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Mon Jan 24 14:42:39 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 1:36 PM, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) <
(spam-protected)> wrote:

> > just do not use 0.1, use at least 0.11 *G
> >
> > as every link with lq or nlq <0.1 is not used by olsrd for routing
> anymore.
> > that means a single lost packet (e.g. ETX 0.99 * 0.1) stops olsrd from
> using
> > your vpn link for some minutes,..
>
> Actually 0.99 * 0.1 would lead to ETX 10.10

sry i meant LQ 0.99*0.1 = 0.099 which is smaller than 0.1

the limit is not based on the ETX, but on the LQ/NLQ, that means an ETX of
10.10 might be too bad to use *G (it its made of lq/nlq of 0.099/1.0)

> We have links working with ETX > 100 removing LinkQualityAlgorithm
> "etx_fpm" !

yep not all link_quylity plugins ignore links with (n)lq < 0.1

> The ETX gets so big because the multiplier is always on both edges of the
> links.
>
> what is the upper bound of ETX usable to insert a route in the routing
> table ?

2^32 i guess