[Olsr-users] OLSR setup with VPN interface for management

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) (spam-protected)
Mon Jan 24 13:36:54 CET 2011

> just do not use 0.1, use at least 0.11 *G
>
> as every link with lq or nlq <0.1 is not used by olsrd for routing anymore.
> that means a single lost packet (e.g. ETX 0.99 * 0.1) stops olsrd from using
> your vpn link for some minutes,..

Actually 0.99 * 0.1 would lead to ETX 10.10

We have links working with ETX > 100 removing LinkQualityAlgorithm
"etx_fpm" !
The ETX gets so big because the multiplier is always on both edges of the links.

what is the upper bound of ETX usable to insert a route in the routing table ?

Saverio