[Olsr-users] Help Olsrd On ARM Cross Compiler

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 13 15:22:06 CET 2011

On Don, 2010-07-08 at 10:30 -0500, Juan Jose Huereca Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi im trying to use olsr on a ebedded computer (AMR) so i tried to
> compile with a cross compiler and the result was a lot of errors,
>   so a made changes to a file (Makefile.linux) and i reduce the erros
> but some errors still remains, and i cant solve this situatios
> does anyone know how to solve this errors? any idea? (atatched some
> pictures):

These should have been sent as plain text. That uses much less place
(your mail is 513KB hereover. Please count all the text lines in the
screen shots and think about it) and one could quote it.

> 1 Changes maded in Makefile.linux
That's a screenshot from the Makefile.linux. You have to use `diff -urN`
on the original and the changed file if you want to show changes between
them.
> 2  The cross compiler installed sucesfully
Irrelevant.
> 3 The las errors that display the cross compiler
> Note: The AMR computer is based on a red hat distro and the compilation
> was on a fedora 12 distro
Both irrelevant.

More relevant would have been the cross-gcc's version if cross-gcc spits
out errors.

The "error: unrecognized option" stuff just means that we use options
for the gcc which are not supported by your cross-gcc - most probably
because it is (quite) old.
I wonder how old since he doesn't know "-Wextra".

So the most simple work-around is to just comment out the options which
your cross-gcc does not understand.
Or comment out "-Werror" so that the cross-gcc does not stop on
warnings. But that might make you ignore warnings which indicate real
problems ....

Bernd
--
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : (spam-protected)
                     LUGA : http://www.luga.at