[Olsr-users] RTS/CTS in mesh networks [was: Question about hidden node behavior]

Mitar (spam-protected)
Sat Jan 8 07:09:26 CET 2011

Hi!

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> I'd be interested in more details about that.  (You're not referring to
> the exposed node problem, are you?)

As far as I understood the explanation I understood it as a real-life
deadlock analogy. So similar to how deadlocks occur if locks in code
are locked in a wrong order, something similar can occur here when you
have multiple nodes and you can get a cycle where each other quiets
another one (until the timeout). It was a late beer discussion so we
haven't got into details. Maybe somebody else can explain it better?

Mitar