[Olsr-users] Question about hidden node behavior

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 6 21:34:01 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Mitar <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Hi!
>
>  And now the question. Why is ILQ deteriorating and not LQ. I would
> assume that what is happening is that both fri and trzaska-12 (because
> they do not see each other) send packets at the same time to glinska-9
> node. So that LQ from fri on glinska-9 node should be low. Why is
> opposite? Why would fri node have problems receiving from glinska-9
> because of the trzaska-12 traffic?

it should not, but maybe theese two stations aren`t hidden well enough from
each other,..

>   (I am long suspecting that in nodewatcher we have ILQ an LQ turned
> around, but after many attempts to find a bug, it seems that code is
> correct.)

hmm can u just ssh into the node that sees both other ones (glinska i
think), and check the txtinfo from cmdline to verify, that the lq is fine,
and only the nlq suffers,..

just to be sure *G

furthermore verify if u have QOS priorizing olsrd traffic,..
and check wheter your multicastrate is really fixed,..

furthermore what is the "uplink" of glinksa (another wireless link?)

Markus