[Olsr-users] Olsr Multicast Streaming Question

Erik Tromp (spam-protected)
Wed Jan 5 11:31:10 CET 2011

>     destination: set to the "01:00:5e:" multicast address,
>       instead of all-ones.

For BMF, this may or may not be a good idea. BMF uses (local, layer 2)
broadcast as underlying medium. Using "01:00:5e" as the first three bytes
in the Ethernet destination address may incorrectly trigger multicast
snooping/optimization algorithms of the layer 2 infrastructure equipment.

>  - If BMF sends out with source addresses of captured frames,
>    this is to be corrected. I think BMF uses tap tunnel (instead
>    of tun). Using tun saves some bytes also.

BMF transparently encapsulates all packets. The receiver sees the originally
sent packet,
with the original source address.

BMF uses tun, not tap. See the function 'CreateLocalEtherTunTap' in
NetworkInterfaces.c

Best regards,
Erik