[Olsr-users] Olsr Multicast Streaming Question

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Wed Jan 5 09:13:16 CET 2011

Couple of remarks:
 - You use 224.0.0.1 multicast address. This is for link-local.
   BMF supports forwarding such packets, but IMHO it is better
   to use a more appropriate address (such as 239.x.x.x)
 - I assume you use WLAN cards, in ad hoc mode. Then,
   NodeC and NodeD could receive packets from NodeA every now
   and then. Did you check this? (inspect olsr links)
 - On BMF and other multicast plugins: more cleanup is needed
   on Ethernet address handling. The p2pd plugin has code for
   setting correct addresses:
     source: the address of sending interface
     destination: set to the "01:00:5e:" multicast address,
       instead of all-ones. (But I just saw the version in
       stable repository has a bug, to be corrected soon).
       IP Broadcast packets should keep using all-ones.
 - If BMF sends out with source addresses of captured frames,
   this is to be corrected. I think BMF uses tap tunnel (instead
   of tun). Using tun saves some bytes also.

Regards, Teco.

Op 4 jan 2011, om 17:53 heeft NaTo ClubSilom het volgende geschreven: