[Olsr-users] Curious about OLSR on AirOS, compared to OSPF, Quagga

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Thu Feb 24 14:30:30 CET 2011

On 2/24/11, Ben West <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> I understand that AirOS kernel version is presently too old (or Ubiquiti's
> willingness to respond to feature requests too small) to support dynamic
> routing schemes.

i guess u have to use a kernel dating far back into the last century,
to find no support for dynamic routing,..

Airos kernel are defintiely new enough, for olsrd,quagga/ospf and so on,..

>>> Is my understanding correct that, from a high level, one key feature
>>> which
>>> OSPF does not provide w.r.t to OLSR is multi-hop routing?

no, both can do multi hop routing,..

Markus