[Olsr-users] OpenBSD plugin

Michel Blais (spam-protected)
Tue Aug 9 23:45:12 CEST 2011

DL loading failed: "File not found"!
-- PLUGIN LOADING FAILED! --

It's the good path, I double check.

I also tryed to copy the plugin in the same directory "/usr/local/sbin"
and still have the not found error :
DL loading failed: "File not found"!
-- PLUGIN LOADING FAILED! --

After, I try something else, on openwrt with olsrd 0.6.1, rename
olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1 to a something else and create a empty file with touch
touch /usr/lib/olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1
after I restarted olsrd and I get this message :
Warning: Plugin library 'olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1' not found, skipped

At first, I thinked that if the plugin file is not a valid file, olsrd
will report that the file is not found instead of invalid. But nat not
true, that because it don't have the good file right, it can't be
execute so I try to give it execute right (chmod +x) and now I have this
error : olsrd: '/usr/lib/olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1' is not an ELF file

Look back at my olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1 on the OpenBSD :
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel    58392 Aug  8 09:59 olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1

but lot of other library are in the group "bin" instead of "wheel"
chown root:bin olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1

and olsrd now start fine ... or look like it start fine I can't see it
with 'ps aux' when I try to load the library but start fine without it.

Will continue to work on this and keep the list informed if I found
something else. I will also try with txtinfo because I suppect that
httpinfo is not compatible with OpenBSD. From README_HTTPINFO in the lib
directory of olsrd 0.6.0 source :

The plugin should now compile on windows and FreeBSD
as well.
To compile in windows:
make OS=win32
to compile in FreeBSD:
gmake OS=fbsd

I already tryed to build it with "gmake OS=fbsd" and "gmake =obsd"
(tryed obsd just in case) before "make" without succes.

Michel

Le 2011-08-08 13:03, Markus Kittenberger a écrit :
> as i'm no bsd user, i don`t know.
>
> but (as a workaround) afair same directory as olsrd should work, or
> specify the full path in configfile.
>
> Markus
>
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Michel Blais <(spam-protected)
> <mailto:(spam-protected)>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I'm trying OLSRd on OpenBSD and it work fine via pkg_add or port
>     but I have problem with the plugin.
>
>     I'm always having this error :

>     DL loading failed: "File not found"!
>     -- PLUGIN LOADING FAILED! --
>
>     I looked at FreeBSD plugin location and the're in /usr/local/lib
>     so I was thinking the will be on the same dir in OpenBSD.
>
>     I tryed to copy
>     /usr/ports/pobj/olsrd-0.6.0/olsrd-0.6.0/lib/httpinfo/olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1
>     in /usr/local/lib/ with the same message. I also tryed to copy
>     /usr/ports/pobj/olsrd-0.6.0/fake-amd64/usr/local/lib/olsrd-plugins/olsrd_httpinfo.so
>     (and rename it at the same time for olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1) to
>     /usr/local/lib with the same result. Always "File not found"!
>
>     Somebody know where OLSRd on OpenBSD expect plugin to be ?
>
>     Thanks.
>
>     Michel
>
>     --

Michel Blais
Administrateur réseau / Network administrator
Targo Communications
www.targo.ca
514-448-0773