[Olsr-users] IP for non-OLSR users using DHCP using UBUNTU as OLSR nodes

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Apr 25 19:51:47 CEST 2011

Am Montag 25 April 2011, 19:44:10 schrieb Ricardo Kamarowski Nascimento:
> Hello friends,
>
> I'm doing my graduation project and I have the following topology:
>

> /GW (OLSR)/ ---> Node 1 (OLSR) ---> Node 2 (OLSR) ---> Client (Non-OLSR)
> 192.168.1.1/24   192.168.1.2/24     192.168.1.3/24             DHCP
>
> I set the Gateway, node 1 and node 2 with static IP. No problem. All ping
> with each other) and surf on the web.
>
> The DHCP and DNS server is in the GW too.
> When I reach the client in the gateway, it retrieves an IP. OK.
>
> But cannot get an IP for the client through the node 1 or 2.
> How can I do for the client obtain an IP through DHCP? I am using 4 laptops
> with ubuntu. No router with a firmware or olsr support.
DHCP use a broadcast for transmitting data between client and server... this
kind of traffic is not forwarded by routers (as OLSRd equipped nodes).

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.
— The Laws of Thermodynamics, summarized