[Olsr-users] How to apply LinkQualityMult or Mode for very high speed wireless I/F?

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Mon Apr 4 17:46:44 CEST 2011

On Apr 4, 2011, at 5:40 PM, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) wrote:

>> Ideally, I would like OLSR to build multi-hop routes between nodes with high
>> connection speeds, e.g. 150Mbit/s vs 60Mbit/s.  However, the only way I get
>> get such link info is using the iw command line tool, e.g.
>
> we do have the exactly the same problem in Ninux.org Rome Network.
>
> we are using AirOS + olsrd, with your same configuration. We have
> little packet loss, but the difference is on the total bandwidth
> available to the links.
>
> I think the solution is a new metric not based on packet loss. However
> we don't have yet a ready solution for this.

Absolutely!

FYI: Henning and me were at the IETF last week and we really really pushed
metrics for the upcoming OLSRv2 standard.
I am quite confident that our message was heard.

a.