[Olsr-users] using dijkstra for route calculation

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Mon Sep 20 16:57:43 CEST 2010

On Sep 20, 2010, at 4:41 PM, Adrian Schwartz wrote:

> Incremented dijkstra sounds  intresting.
> what about the performance of the old dijkstra?
> is there a way to do performance evaluation of olsr in a single computer?
> I would like to emulate 100 nodes and to check it by myself.

Yes, you can create a virtual setup with - for example Clownix - or similar systems:
There you can start hundreds of small openwrt images each running OLSRd.
But be aware that you might run out of CPU power (actually the IRQ load might be very high) with that many virtual machines. But 50 machines should be no problem on a rather recent PC.

Clownix (http://clownix.net/) is really very very cool. I love it :)

a.