[Olsr-users] OLSR in Android...a good idea?

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Fri Sep 17 16:11:29 CEST 2010

On Sep 15, 2010, at 9:01 PM, Robert Keyes wrote:

> I am going to put OLSR on my G1 at some point.
>
> But I wonder if OLSR is really the most appropriate mesh protocol to be
> used on a portable device. Portability would seem to indicate frequent
> change of routing, and the updates required might swamp a network. I
Bob you are missing one point I believe:

most of the time your G1 will be sleeping!
Hence it will only (re-)establish a topology when you turn it on again / when you wake it up.

I experienced this once in a rather funny setting on an iPhone:
http://www.olsr.org/?q=node/24