[Olsr-users] OLSR in Android...a good idea?

Mitar (spam-protected)
Fri Sep 17 09:28:21 CEST 2010

Hi!

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Henning Rogge
<(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Connecting the mobile devices to fixed nodes might be different if we finally
> get IPv6 DSL.

OK, maybe I have in view our network, where we use VPN to connect to
same IP (currently IPv4 and in the future IPv6) pool. So every node
can have IPv6 connectivity even it particular DSL/fiber uplink does
not yet.

> Do you have any information about AHCP and prefix delegation ? I think it's
> still a TODO. The problem is prefix delegation has something to do with the
> gateway selection, so it cannot be done without the routing protocol.

Probably Juliusz is better to answer this.

> How long does you phones battery run with WLAN in adhoc mode without OLSR ?

Have not tested it. Will have to do it to see if this is something we
can improve. But even if it is not OLSR problem it is still problem
for users.

Mitar