[Olsr-users] max packet size

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Sep 8 08:27:20 CEST 2010

On Wed September 8 2010 03:26:35 Mitar wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Henning Rogge
>
> <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> > Do we have a network like this at the moment ?
>
> Not yet, but we do try to connect every node also over VPN:
>
> https://nodes.wlan-lj.net/node/replicator#immediate-neighbours-peers
>
> We will probably in the future have multiple VPN servers, but I am not
> sure if this solves the problem as nodes could be connected also to
> multiple VPN servers at the same time (using only one connection at a
> given moment, but having other prepared to switch over in a case of a
> server failure).
Okay...

so at the moment the problems with fragmenting messages is not that bad (the
problem with the too small MTU buffer for PACKET generation is)... and the
next generation code with OLSRv2 will have message fragmentation.

I'm not sure how much work it is to hack a difference between maximum message
and maximum packet size into OLSRd 0.6.0, but I will look at it.

Henning Rogge
--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE