[Olsr-users] Dampen link addition

List Receiver (spam-protected)
Thu Oct 21 18:51:47 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I have a very small network using OLSR .6 to failover between FSO and RF links between buildings.  During periods of heavy fog, the FSO is occluded and OLSR removes that link from the routing tables.  When the fog begins to clear, the FSO link flickers on and off, which causes the re-addition of the route too quickly sometimes.

Is there a way to "dampen" link detection or route addition to avoid this flapping situation?  We use LinkQualityMult to prefer the FSO link over the RF link for performance reasons.  I love the speed at which failover occurs, but I'd like failback to be tempered a bit, if possible.

Thanks!