[Olsr-users] Ad-hoc bridge Delay

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 30 10:35:34 CET 2010

this is no real delay,. (you are getting the same speed afair i know from
stupid attempts to bridge adhoc on an fonera (atheros/madwifi))

the reason for the low speed is just the fact that one can`t bridge adhoc,..
without breaking things,..

cause even if your hardware is so nice to send out spoofed packets (as any
bridge does) but which an adhoc device shouldn`t do,..

it will not send/receive the ack frames for this spoofed packets,..
therefore every paket is repeated several times,..

-> this is the reason for the low speed you notice,.

imho the only working way to bridge adhoc (without changing "adhoc-mode" in
the driver), is to rewrite the mac-adresses on the bridge (within
ethernet-headers, and aswell within arp-requests, afair 4 rules in ebtables
and arptables are enough to get ipv4 "fully" working)

or just do not bridge adhoc *G
make the bridge to a router, and put olsrd on it,.. *G

Markus

p.s. nothing of your problems has anything to do with olsrd