[Olsr-users] olsr exchanged messages logs

MALATTAR (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 24 14:58:46 CEST 2010

On 24/06/2010 12:40, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On Thu June 24 2010 12:31:02 MALATTAR wrote:
>
>> Hi every body,
>> I am working at the intrusion detection systems in adhoc networks.
>> Write now i am trying to create detection-signatures for the attacks at
>> OLSR protocol (e.g., Fake Hello attack).
>> For this purpose i need to collect logs about Hello,TC, .. and othe
>> control messages of OLSR.
>> I passed quickly at the code and i noticed that syslog registers only
>> the errors and there is no information about the
>> messages or their contents.
>> Now, my question where can i find this information?

thank you of your quick answer
> The development version in the master branch of our repository has a pretty
> advanced logging system, but if you need the complete incoming messages, you
> will have to add your own message callbacks into the packet scheduler, so you
> get the binary messages.

As i said before, i did not go fare away with the  code, so i am afraid
that i did not arrive at the point that your
are talking about?
Another thing, i am trying to avoid any personal modification in the
code so my IDS will be adapted to the general version
of olsrd.
> The other option would be to make the IDS independent from OLSR, just use
> libpcap and the packet dissector for OLSR from tcpdump.

Yes, it is a possible solution, but we refused it because it will make
the interfaces active all the time. This will consume resources which is
a critical condition for us

--
Mouhannad AlATTAR
Doctorant à L’UFR Sciences,Techniques et Gestion de l’Industrie