[Olsr-users] Just one IP from the interface

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 8 09:42:24 CEST 2010

Am Montag 07 Juni 2010, 23:45:05 schrieb Mitar:
> Hi!
>
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 10:58 PM, Markus Kittenberger
>
> <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> > so just do it like this! *G
> > http://olsr.org/git/?p=olsrd.git;a=blob;f=files/olsrd.conf.default.full;h
> > =11d495bb84539f5d336184fabce5a7e18631eabd;hb=stable#l477 Markus
>
> And then not all IPs from the interface will be used if I specify only
> one with IPv4Src?
I have problems to get the same result as you.

If I have an interface with two IPs in the olsrd.conf, olsrd will only add a
route to ONE of this IPs, not both of them.

If you want to run two seperate address ranges on you LAN port, just add a new
alias interface (eth0:olsr for example) with an mesh-IP to the LAN and run
OLSRd on it. You might want to use the IPv4Src option to set OLSRs src-ip for
OLSR packets fixed to this address too.

1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.
— The Laws of Thermodynamics, summarized