[Olsr-users] Changing IP on the interface

Mitar (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 4 11:02:04 CEST 2010

Hi!

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Yes. Changing the main IP does bad things to OLSRd and it never worked
> right, so we blocked it completely some time ago.

No problem. I wish that main IP is fixed. Only that additional IPs
change through time.

> Try to switch on Source-IP routes (SrcIpRoutes yes) and set a fixed IP
> in the config file (MainIp <your main ip>) and olsrd 0.6.0 will set up
> an additional IP on the localhost interface.

I am using 0.5.6-r8 with SOURCE_IP_ROUTES set to 1. Is this enough?

But adding additional IP to the localhost interface is so that Linux
would not have problems if some other interface goes down. This does
not enforce olsrd to use that as a main interface. This changed in
0.6.0? Or this is changed with MainIp? I would not like to bump our
version of olsrd so how can I make main IP stick with 0.5.6-r8?

Mitar