[Olsr-users] OLSR Mobile Robotic Application

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 28 16:49:13 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Michael Fazio <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> 3. Reasonable UDP communication performance at 2 hops

what is reasonable?

> Our network will have at most 6 nodes at any one time in an area of
> about 1 square kilometer.

i hope your picostations get bigger antennas, or you have absolute perfect
linof sight and no noise,...

My questions are,

> 1. Is OLSRd fully supported on the PicoStation2HP running OpenWRT? If
> so, is there any particular combination of builds for OpenWRT & OLSRd
> which are most appropriate (particularly for a PicoStation2HP)
> 2. Has anyone had success in using a Ubiquiti Network device such as
> PicoStation2HP running OpenWRT & OLSRD?

there are absolutely no problems on running olsrd in picostations,.. (with
openwrt, and even with airos)

(or virtually any linux OS if you have access to it and an crosscompiler)

3. How suitable would OLSRd be for the my solution.

with appropriate timings it should meet your requirements,..