[Olsr-users] High CPU utilization

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Wed Jan 27 23:47:16 CET 2010

Am 27.01.2010, 23:27 Uhr, schrieb Adam Wozniak <(spam-protected)>:

> Markus Kittenberger wrote:
>> one quesrtion: does your arm router have any other running
>> olsr-neighbours before you start the olsrd on x86?
> No.  These are the only two devices on the ad-hoc essid.
hmmm

so why does it report so many different neighbours,..

this looks as if the x86 oslrd produces random packets/topology
information,..
which OS do you use there?

which of course stresses the cpu of the arm router, as it tries to
understand this nonsense *G

hmmm can u test with 2 similiar x86 systems, and 2 arm systems aswell?

>>> IP addr (2-hop)  IP addr (1-hop)  Total cost
>>> 76.107.4.0       172.20.0.2       INFINITE
>>> (and so on, for all kinds of random IP addresses...)
>> does this stay infinite?
> Yes, this continues indefinitely, until I kill olsrd on the x86, after
> which the ARM eventually calms down.

>>> DebugLevel        2
>> to say it again: use 0 here! *G
> I just tried.  This kills the symptom but not the disease; No more
> console output, but the CPU on the ARM quickly runs up to 99% use by
> olsrd.
ok so we have another problem,... see above,..

--
lg Markus