[Olsr-users] Android Developer Phone: Is It Necessary?

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Jan 20 18:34:45 CET 2010

Am Mittwoch 20 Januar 2010 18:21:38 schrieb marc fawzi:
> I have a follow up question, even though no answers yet! :-(
>
> The HOWTO documentation on olsr.org for the Samsung Galaxy simply says
> "intall olsr" but does not specify the location where to install. Anyone
>  has an idea where to install it?
>
> So to sum up my questions:
>
> 1. Are there any build instructions for OLSR on Android G1?  (only binary
> exists on olsr.org)
You will find an answer to this in my mail from last Thursday (14.1.).

> 2. Is it necessary to have an Android Developer Phone 1 to install and run
> the "OLSR binary for G1"?
You need root access, so you need a developer firmware. It's possible to
replace the G1 T-Mobile firmware with a developer one (or a modded one with
root access), but T-Mobile won't like it.

> 3. Is it necessary to have an Android Developer Phone 1 to build the latest
> OLSR codebase for G1 (assuming Yes to #1)?
I would not suggest installing a compiler on a mobile phone. Just download the
Android-NDK from google.