[Olsr-users] G1 / Linksys WRT demo

Mitar (spam-protected)
Fri Jan 15 18:30:17 CET 2010

Hi!

I have also used OLSR on my Android phone (HTC Hero) but I installed
Debian on it and used OLSR from there. It worked pretty well but it
ran out of battery after few hours so it would probably not be
possible to make multiple phones operating in this way and relaying
traffic for each other in practice. But it is a nice experiment.

I see two problems:
- WiFi is not really good on mobile phones, its power and range seems
to me quite limited so you could have problems with this (if you would
like more than just an experiment)
- as far as I know you cannot (official) Skype over WiFi on Android
phones (it always uses phone call, just to their central), but I think
there are SIP related applications, or:

http://blog.truphone.com/2010/01/truphone-for-android-3-0.html

(I have not tested any of those applications. Just what I have read around.)

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Mitar