[Olsr-users] OLSR will fill up my system logs

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Jan 2 18:25:07 CET 2010

Am Samstag 02 Januar 2010 17:50:34 schrieb Michael Rack:
> Dear List,
>
> i've opened my messages.log file and there were thousends of OLSR-Messages:
>
>      detected duplicate packet with seqnr **** from ***.***.***.*** on ****
>
> I've attached a log-file.
>
> Why is OLSR fill up my log with this messages? Where can be the point
> the messages were duplicated?
>
> The thing i am wondering is, that OLSR detects my Interfaces twice. View
> "startup.log".
>
> Configuration is also attached.
Okay, you just spotted the bug. Sorry that we did not spot it in the config.

you configuration is wrong in a subtile place, you cannot add an interface
twice. At least not in 0.5.6-r7.

If you want to use different IP4Broadcasts (and not just 255.255.255.255), you
have to use two different interface sections.

0.5.6-r8 (which will be available in a few days I think) will help with this
problem by introducing a sections called "InterfaceDefaults" where you can put
the common interface options.

Remove all interface blocks in your config and try this one:

Interface "wan" "vlan3"
{
  Ip4Broadcast      255.255.255.255
  HelloInterval     2.0