[Olsr-users] OLSR stop finding routes

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Jan 2 12:25:11 CET 2010

Am Samstag 02 Januar 2010 10:54:39 schrieb Michael Rack:
> Before using OLSR v0.5.6-r7 i've used v0.5.5, and had problems with
> discovery-time. Some times it would need up to 30 minutes. Since OLSR
> v0.5.6-r7 the routes are available after start the daemon. But for more
> then 24h, OLSR was not able to restore the routing informations. After
> stopping and restarting OLSR on PC2 all routes were known.

The config seems to be okay I think...

A first step to debug the problem might be to run OLSRd not as a daemon but in
a shell with more debug output (-d 3 would be a good start), so you can see if
you get error messages when the routes are lost. The debug output have
timestamps, so you could run a small script in a second shell that monitors
the routes so you can look for the right time.

I have one question about your interfaces. Are you using two real ethernet
cards or are they two vlans on the same card ?

Henning Rogge