[Olsr-users] OLSR stop finding routes

Michael Rack (spam-protected)
Sat Jan 2 10:54:39 CET 2010

Dear List,

i have some stupid problems with olsr v0.5.6-r7.

System-Software:
     * Gentoo Linux x86
     * Kernel 2.6.29.2-i686 SMP
     * OLSRD 0.5.6-r7

When OLSR is running for a while, it is loosing routes. This szenario is
not reproducable for me. I have to wait till the problem occurs.

I have 2 Ethernet-Devices (wan and vlan3) where OLSR is running on. OLSR
know all routes available on vlan3 but lost routes on wan.

Network-Setup:
PC 1 (vlan3) --- (wan) PC2 (vlan3) --- (wan) PC3 (vlan3) --- and so on.

TCPDUMP on PC2 on Interface WAN shows, that Broadcasts from PC1 arrive
and Broadcasts are sent to WAN.
TCPDUMP on PC1 on Interfeace VLAN3 shows, that Broadcasts from PC2
arrive and Broadcasts are sent to VLAN3.

But both PC1 and PC2 do not have routinginformation. PC1 does not know
what's behind PC2 and PC2 do not know what's behind PC1. PC2 only knows
about PC3, PC4, PC5...

Before using OLSR v0.5.6-r7 i've used v0.5.5, and had problems with
discovery-time. Some times it would need up to 30 minutes. Since OLSR
v0.5.6-r7 the routes are available after start the daemon. But for more
then 24h, OLSR was not able to restore the routing informations. After
stopping and restarting OLSR on PC2 all routes were known.

My config-file is attached.

Liebe Grüße aus Freilassing,

Michael Rack
RSM Freilassing
--
RSM Freilassing                 Tel.: +49 8654 607110
Nocksteinstr. 13                Fax.: +49 8654 670438